Finishr.com — Your race, connected.
Introducing the Early Access Program for Race Directors and Timing Companies
We're looking to expand our partnership with race directors and timing companies in order to further test our services and gather feedback about our platform. Here are the completely free benefits you'll get for joining our "beta" Early Access Program for directors:
- Our Early Access Program for Directors and Timing Companies is 100% FREE!
- Provide bib numbers, split times, and final times to your users.
- Website is "mobile friendly" and optimized to work on all of today's smartphones.
- Users can easily post their bib numbers to Facebook and share their results with others on Finishr.com.
- Early feedback from users indicates a high level of satisfaction with using a single profile to contain all their race results.
Delight, Engage, and Retain Your Users
Limited initial testing of our race results platform has shown that users highly prefer our "push" system over the traditional model. What this means is that users create a single race profile, and their results are sent directly to this profile. What we've heard time and again is that athletes have a high degree of dissatisfaction over having to search for their bib number, locate information about their races, find their results, etc.
There are two unmistakable trends in racing today: the market for races is growing larger and larger, and athletes and their friends & family are becoming more connected. As a result of these trends, one undeniable way to differentiate your race from others and help keep your participants coming back year after year is to provide them with the technology they're asking for to make it easier to involve their friends and family.
Giving your participants the tools they need to easily share this information with others helps to produce a constant halo of "buzz" around your event. As race day nears and excitement increases, they want to post their bib numbers and race info for everyone to see. During the race, they want an easy way for others to track their progress. And after the race, they want to easily find this information and share it yet again.
That's where we come in. The Finishr platform enables your users to do all these things, at no cost to you. Before now, only the largest of races could afford to provide these custom, high-tech tools to their participants. We want to lower that bar and let races of all sizes become socially connected.
With Finishr.com, your participants will be able to:
- Post their bib numbers to Facebook, with a direct link to their race info for friends & family
- Let their friends monitor their progress from their smartphones or desktop computer
- Form groups with their race clubs, friends, and activity partners to easily compare results
- Get their splits and results instantly and share them to Facebook
- Find their Facebook friends who are in the same race
How to Sign Up
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing which race(s) you're interested in publishing to our platform. Include your contact information (email and/or phone number).
- We'll get in touch with you to verify your information and discuss how you'd like to provide your details to us.
- Our technical team will work with you to enable passing your results to our site for your participants.
- Participants who create a profile on our site will have their information automatically published to their profile as you provided to us. They can choose to share that information with their Facebook friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions about the Early Access Program for Directors.
Is it really free? Am I committing to anything? What's the catch?
Yes, it's really 100% free. Neither you nor your users will have to pay any type of fee.
The benefit to us is that we can get more experience with different types of races and collect feedback from you on what works and what doesn't. All that we ask is that you let us know about your experience, what worked well, and what didn't.
In addition, as Finishr.com continues to grow, you'll receive permanent "early adopter" status, which will entitle you to special privileges in the future. We'll explain a bit more what those are once we get in touch. This is our "thank you" to you for taking the time to help us out.
Who can join the Early Access Program?
The Early Access Program is open to all race directors and timing companies who provide services for races located within the United States.
What happens after I email you? Why isn't this process automatic?
We want to get in touch with you personally for a few reasons.
The most important reason is that every race is different, and we want to be sure we provide the best service to you and your participants. Whether you have "live" results or post them after the race is over, whether your race has various options/distances/etc., whether your race is a "single-leg" or "multi-leg" (e.g. triathlon, duathlon) race... these are some of the considerations we want to be sure to get right to fit your situation.
In addition, we want to be sure that you're really the person "in charge" of the race and that you communicate to your users the service we provide. This helps us clear up any issues regarding privacy, etc. ahead of time.
How do I get my participant names, bib numbers, split times, and results to you?
Again, this will greatly depend on the particulars of your race. If you're using a timing company, the best approach will be for us to work directly with them to get this information accurately, securely, and quickly. Our technical team will work with them to provide the specifics of how we'll integrate with them.
Do I need to use Finishr.com for my user registration or timing?
No, we're a new type of platform that provides value on top of whatever race registration and/or timing results site you're currently using. Rather than enter a crowded market that already contains a wide array of choices, we're looking at providing value by directly engaging your users to keep them entertained and engaged before, during, and after the race.
Because this is a new concept, we've created the Early Access Program to help introduce race directors to our service in exchange for providing feedback. We think this is a new, fun, and social angle to racing that isn't being served in the current market, and we're looking forward to bringing that vision to as many races as possible.
Can I see an example of what my race will look like?
Yes, we've left the "Live Results" page for the Louisville Ironman triathlon up so you can see what this page looks like. We ran this as a demo for the Louisville Landsharks triathlon club. All 61 Landsharks who participated in the Ironman signed up for our platform, and the feedback from this event was overwhelmingly positive!